Housing and mortgage workshop for expats
Housing and mortgage workshop for expats
Buying a house in the Netherlands?
Buying your own property in the Netherlands as an expat is difficult. Not only because the process probably differs from what you’re used to at home, but also because the housing shortage in 2020 keeps growing.
To help you purchase your own property we organise a free housing workshop ‘how to buy a house in the Netherlands’, especially for expats. Small-skill and informal.
During the workshop you’ll learn all you need to know about buying a home in the Netherlands. We’ll discuss:
- All the steps of buying and financing a house, including notarial and tax issues
- How to calculate your maximum mortgage, including the 30% ruling
- Smart tips for bidding and negotiating to prevent expensive pitfalls
- EXTRA: impact of corona on the housing market
- All your personal questions
‘The workshop has been very useful to me. It feels like I now actually stand a chance to buy a house in the Netherlands.’- Angeles, Spain
Book a free seat
Learn all you need know about buying a house in the Netherlands, free of charge and without obligation.
Good to know
- We have a limited number of seats available, so sign up well in advance to be assured a spot.
- Since we’ll be with a small group, no show is not appreciated.
Attention: Due to corona measures the workshops will be webinars
Tuesday, 19:30 - 21:30 CETFully booked
April 22 , 2020 - Webinar
Wednesday, 19:30 - 21:30 CET
May 19, 2020
Tuesday, 19:30 - 21:30 CET
What's on the agenda?
19:15 Doors open and refreshments
19:45 Start presentation
1. Up-to-date information about the Dutch housing market
- What does the housing market in the Netherlands look like?
- Current house prices and expected development in 2020
- Should I buy a home or should I wait?
2. Your maximum mortgage and budget to buy a house
- What are the Dutch mortgage rules?
- How do you calculate your mortgage as an employee or freelancer?
- How does the 30% ruling for expats influence your maximum mortgage?
3. How to buy a house in the Netherlands?
- Roadmap of buying a house, including information about the notary and taxes
- Buy with or without a real estate agent?
- How to put in an offer on a house and negotiate?
- Winning tips to outbid the competition
- Costly pitfalls to avoid
4. How to get the best Dutch mortgage?
- How does a mortgage in the Netherlands work?
- What types of mortgages can expats get in the Netherlands?
- How long should you fix your interest rate?
- How can you save on your monthly costs?
5. Personal questions
- Get all your questions answered about the financial and legal issues of buying a house in the Netherlands
21:30 End of program
"Very helpful and informative evening about buying a house in the Netherlands. Thank you guys!"
"Thank you for making it clear and explaining the Dutch process of buying a home."
"It’s a very useful event for expats who want to buy a house in the Netherlands. If you're interested, I advice you to attend."
“Very insightful and interesting. Thank you for organising this.”
Learn how to buy a house in the Netherlands
FAQ about our home buying workshop
Who can join the expat housing and mortgage workshop?
We organise the workshop 'how to buy a house in the Netherlands' especially for internationals who consider purchasing their own property in Holland. The workshop will help you prepare for the Dutch home buying process and improve your chances on the housing market.
Will we discuss my personal situation?
At the workshop 'how to buy a house in the Netherlands' for expats we'll answer all your questions about buying a Dutch property. Following on the workshop you can book a personal consultation with one of our mortgage advisors, to discuss your situation in detail. This appointment is also free of charge and without obligation.
Is the housing workshop really free of charge?
You don't have to pay anything to attend our expat housing workshop 'how to buy a house in the Netherlands'. We'll cover the costs.
Please note: when you sign up we reserve you a seat. We kindly ask you not to cancel at the last minute or be a no show, just because the event is free. If you can't make it, please let us know well in advance so we can give your seat to someone else.